Annie Mueller with some good advice: 18 things to remember when your income disappears
Made roasted yams and chickpeas with yogurt recipie from Smitten Kitchen tonight and holy moly was it fantastic!
“There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”
— Aldous Huxley – Time Must Have a Stop (1944)
Thought I can’t get out of my head delivered by my wife this morning…
If a society has insisted on tying healthcare to employment, what happens when millions of people become unemployed and thus lose their healthcare due to a worldwide health crisis?
Crisis is an audit. It opens society’s books—and not just the financial. It takes stock of imbalances of care and access, the accrued debts of injustice.
“Nature has taught me that if humans don’t figure out what revolution really means, nature will make the revolution despite us.”
— Tawana Petty
What my wife’s plans are when we get through this.
Doing some cleanup reminded me that…
- I still have my ZEOS Pocket PC (Cutting edge PC tech from 1991)
- It still boots (and runs for days on 2 AA batteries).
- Runs a DOS version of MS Works and can save to plaintext files which means…
- If one can get them off via the serial port and find something to connect it a “modern” machine can open and read said file which leads to…
- Me wondering what it might be like to try to write a book on here.
Yesterday’s quarantine cleaning was the library. So satisfying to have things back in shape again.