Looking for some mellow acoustic nuevo folk with an electronica ethos? I thought so. You will find it here. José González is a collaborator with Zero 7, one of my all time favorite outfits. Such a soothing voice paired with his rhythmic classical guitar style and sparse supporting instrumentation are just the right combination. This is one of those albums where I could tell from the first listen that I would be addicted to for quite some time. Sure enough, I bought it last night and have already listened to it three times. At the least, it should hold me over until Radiohead’s “In Rainbows” comes out.
It is my 40th Birthday today. Here is what I saw when I opened the door of my office today. Not pictured is a CD that was taped to my door with some great music from 1967.
Here is a low impact way to catch up with me, Prnicess Bethany, my two sons, the baby on the way, the two dogs (Roy the Wonderpug and Geronimo!), the two cats (Tiger and Polo), the three houses, and the one crazy-busy life… Read my many online locations:
- patrickrhone.com – This is my personal web site where I write about a lot of the stuff that interests me.
- therandompost.com – This is where I post all sorts of random links, videos, pictures, tidbits and such. It’s where you are right now.
- teamtrixie.com – This is the blog where I am keeping all things related to the upcoming baby girl (there are even some ultrasound pics there)
- All that’s past is prologue… – This is Bethany’s blog. Lots to glean about our lives here as well.
- patrickrhone.jaiku.com – Jaiku is my microblog that I post about “what I am doing right now” several times a day.
As it is with the interwebs, following breadcrumbs left at many of the places will lead you to more of my places of existence.
Geronimo – The New Dog: Our new dog – Geronimo. We did not choose the name and might not be able to change it. He is very smart and responds only to that name. (via Photos from patrickrhone, tagged randompost)